AdWords
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

WordPress Developer PPC Campaign?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I am running a campaign for WordPress Developer services. But When I look into ad preview and diagnosis google show me following errors....

• Your ad is not showing for the keyword +wordpress +developer
  • Your ads in this ad group aren't showing because of the use of a trademarked term in your ad text.

Is wordpress developer and related terms are having trademarked term issues? If yes how my competitors are showing ad for the same.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: WordPress Developer PPC Campaign?

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Chetan K,

It sounds like you have the term "wordpress" in your ad. As this is a Trademarked term you should review the Trademark Policy.

You have two options to get your ad to start showing:

1. Gain Trademark Authorisation from the Trademark Owner. Ask them to fill in this form, and once it is processed have your ads re-reviewed.
  2. Updated your website and landing page to ensure you are a Reseller or Informational site of the term in question. 

Kathleen

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Is WordPress Trademarked term ? If yes how it is possible my competitors are using it. There are not 1 or 2 there are a lot.... Can you help me in it?

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi Chetan,
If another company is using a trademarked term in their ads, then they either have authorisation from the trademark owner, or their site is a reseller or informational site of the product/service.

Please read the Trademark Policy linked above. It should answer all questions.