AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

WordPress Developer PPC Campaign?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I am running a campaign for WordPress Developer services. But When I look into ad preview and diagnosis google show me following errors....

• Your ad is not showing for the keyword +wordpress +developer
  • Your ads in this ad group aren't showing because of the use of a trademarked term in your ad text.

Is wordpress developer and related terms are having trademarked term issues? If yes how my competitors are showing ad for the same.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: WordPress Developer PPC Campaign?

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Chetan K,

It sounds like you have the term "wordpress" in your ad. As this is a Trademarked term you should review the Trademark Policy.

You have two options to get your ad to start showing:

1. Gain Trademark Authorisation from the Trademark Owner. Ask them to fill in this form, and once it is processed have your ads re-reviewed.
  2. Updated your website and landing page to ensure you are a Reseller or Informational site of the term in question. 

Kathleen

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Is WordPress Trademarked term ? If yes how it is possible my competitors are using it. There are not 1 or 2 there are a lot.... Can you help me in it?

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi Chetan,
If another company is using a trademarked term in their ads, then they either have authorisation from the trademark owner, or their site is a reseller or informational site of the product/service.

Please read the Trademark Policy linked above. It should answer all questions.