AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Winery in New Zealand Ad disapproved? Why?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I represent a winery in New Zealand and we are trying to make an image Ad that is to find possible importers and representer of our wines overseas (Italy, Sweden, Australia).

I have set my campaign with the attached image 300x250 and it links to our homepage http://www.georgesmichel.com which include an Age verification gate to make sure it's accessed only by adults.

The image has been disaproved and I was wondering why?

Is it not allowed to have an image of one of our bottle product on the ad image?

Here's the ad that i'm trying to run: Adhttp://www.georgesmichel.com/GMWE-300x250-Representant-Ad.jpg

Any idea what I need to change to get it approved? In New Zealand advertising of wine is authorized in the Google Adsense alcohol policies.

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by LauraAdEngineer (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: AdWords Policy - Wine

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again Naikmichel;

As I mentioned; For "non family safe" ads Google does not allow "non-family safe" ads in image ads, video ads, and other non-text ad formats

The question is not the type/ content picture ad, but the content of your site. If you sell wine on your site, you cannot advertise it using pictures.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Naikmichel; welcome;

Alcohol Policy is though, since it  involves  restrictions by Google, and country specific restrictions.  In general,  wine (="classic" wine,  NOT hard alcohol) is  classified as "non family safe".  For  "non family safe" ads Google does not allow image ads and video ads. 

I would suggest that you switch to text ads.  However, make sure that  text ads  comply with country specific restrictions on  the ad-copy and the  landing page. These  are  listed in the following link on Alcohol Policy:

http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=176005

Yes, Google does not  fully endorse high quality wine...Smiley Sad

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Yes however what I'm trying to determine is if:

1) it's allowed to have a picture of the bottle on the Ad?

2) Would a picture of the winery building and logo without a bottle be allowed?

Thanks

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by LauraAdEngineer (Google Employee)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again Naikmichel;

As I mentioned; For "non family safe" ads Google does not allow "non-family safe" ads in image ads, video ads, and other non-text ad formats

The question is not the type/ content picture ad, but the content of your site. If you sell wine on your site, you cannot advertise it using pictures.