AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Will adwords support flash player 10.3 and up in the future?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Will adwords support  flash player 10.3 and up  in the future?

For my .swf banners I use Adobe flash CC

Adobe CC only exports from 10.3 and up.

Adwords currently only accepts up to 10.

Because of this lack of compatiblity have to roundtrip to CS6 to export  to the right .swf

A bit cumbersome if you ask me.

Please give some insight into the direction regarding this and/or suggestions to adapt my workflow.

Regards,

Toni

Re: Will adwords support flash player 10.3 and up in the future?

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Indeed, Google hates something called flash, I don't think they will try to support new versions any more, they are trying to get rid off it.. (but I am not sure, these are just assumptions) Smiley Very Happy

Flash is really annoying to users, it slows down page loads as it's required an additional plugin to be loaded and executed which takes extra time. Flash doesn’t work in most mobile devices including Google's operating system "Android" . Some people don't have flash installed.

Also one more important thing, Most content inside Flash is not read and inaccessible to all search engines including Google's search engine.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ahmed,

Thanks for your interest.
Regarding your reply:

Flash is really annoying to users, it slows down page loads as it's required an additional plugin to be loaded and executed which takes extra time.

I know this technical truth, although in my experience, the slowing down of pageloads is insignificant. We advertise mainly on the google display network, No slowing down there.

--

Flash doesn’t work in most mobile devices including Google's operating system "Android" . Some people don't have flash installed.

Thats why we always make backup jpg, to maximise reach

--

Also one more important thing, Most content inside Flash is not read and inaccessible to all search engines including Google's search engine.

You mean as opposed to the html5 banners? Can you give me an example how an html5 banner influences the serps then? Again flash/html5 are visual banners and are displayed by means of an auction as you well know. As far as I know, google reading the contents of your banner is not a parameter in determining Quality Score.

--

The fact that google recently allows html5 banners created with google website optimizer to be uploaded, makes it more interesting to setup a workflow for creating html5 banners. Up until know the toolset provide by Google adwords, didn't meet our needs and creative standard.

For the time being I would still like to know, what Google is going to do about future compatibility with flash players. Or maybe there is a workaround?

Since we are all about optimizing workflows and increasing margins Smiley Happy

Anyone?

Anyone?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Toni J
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Found a solution:

http://blog.teamthinklabs.com/index.php/2013/11/22/compile-for-flash-player-9-using-flash-cc/

Implemented and tested with adobe flash CC 2014.
WORKS!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

OK so there's a workaround but Google refuses to actually answer this very important question???