AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Will ads be reviewed if they are in a campaign which is paused?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello,

I have a group of ads which are under review for about 7 days now. Can that be because they are under a campaign which is currently paused?

The reason it is paused is because I am moving accounts from an old one to a new one with different billing information and I just want to have it all set up correctly before actually starting paying on the new account.

Thanks for your time and excuse my english!

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Yakito
September 2015

Re: Will ads be reviewed if they are in a campaign which is paused?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Yakito,

My understanding is that you're about to move campaigns from one account to a new one with different billing info. Therefore your campaigns are paused. Please be advised that though paused ads may undergo reviews which may occasionally last for several days, it is not because the campaign is currently paused. For ads it's quite common to undergo various types of reviews and the process can sometimes take multiple days.

Best,

Lakatos

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Yakito
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Yakito,

My understanding is that you're about to move campaigns from one account to a new one with different billing info. Therefore your campaigns are paused. Please be advised that though paused ads may undergo reviews which may occasionally last for several days, it is not because the campaign is currently paused. For ads it's quite common to undergo various types of reviews and the process can sometimes take multiple days.

Best,

Lakatos

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Thanks Lakatos for your time. So basically I can leave my campaign paused and my ads will eventually get reviewed?

Thanks!

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello Yakito;

As for your last question: when paused ads are reviewed, they are ready to appear in a campaign,  immediately when launched, (making  them active again), without further delay (for approval). See it as "ready to use cartridge of ads".

-Moshe

Yakito wrote:

Thanks Lakatos for your time. So basically I can leave my campaign paused and my ads will eventually get reviewed?

Thanks!

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

> So basically I can leave my campaign paused and my ads will eventually get reviewed?

Yes.  One consequence of that is that even when your ads are paused you need to make sure that the destination URLs they point to are working pages.  Otherwise they might get disapproved for "landing page not found" or some such.

The intent of this is as Moshe says: lots of advertisers like to have pre-reviewed ad campaigns sitting around waiting to activate at the right time, e.g. on the day a sale starts.

Laura

AdWords review engineer

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Thanks Laura! Smiley Happy

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks!