AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Why was my retargeting audience banned?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I manage a campaign for a dentist friend of mine. I set up retargeting and it got banned: 

"Disabled due to policy violation" (url)

In the google retargeting policy, There i see this:

• health or medical information, such as from sites or apps that market to a specific health-related group

Does this mean retargeting is not allowed for ANY health stuff at all? Even if I'm doing retargeting cough medicine (for ecommerce)?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Why was my retargeting audience banned?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@taewoo;

We need to see the specific landing page promoted to comment further.

However, generally speaking, a  Remarketing campaign promoting a  dental  clinic, in general - is   allowed. A Remarketing campaign for  specific dental  treatments (e.g. Implants) - is not allowed.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Why was my retargeting audience banned?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
You can't use remarketing for advertising "sensitive issues" such as health and medicines. Sounds like your topic fell under that problem