AdWords
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Why my blog violates Google policies?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I need your help because I can't find a solution. I tried to run AdWords campaign for my blog, but I received an email that it violates Google policies. I just don't understand why... It's a blog about NeoBux - a PTC website. I want to attract some direct referrals. Anything I wrote on the blog is true, the text is unique, I didn't copy from anywhere. I don't lie or mislead users in any way. I don't sell anything forbidden and I don't promise quick earnings, just the opposite. Please, take a look at my blog and tell me what do you think can be the possible reason: http://workfromhome-dreamjob.blogspot.com/2012/12/welcome-to-my-blog-i-will-show-you-how.html

Thank you very much!

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Why my blog violates Google policies?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Tinymouse68,

Your blog is promoting a PTC scheme (pay to click).

Business models designed to create artificial ad traffic is prohibited under present adwords policy.

Find more information here.

Info

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your answer. So, you mean that it doesn't matter what and how I write in my blog, it will never pass, because it's not allowed to advertise PTC website?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Yes, you are correct. Google will not allow such a blog.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi tinymouse68 and welcome to the forum.  Please appreciate that my comments as follows are based only upon what I can see on your site.  I have no access to your account or your history with Adwords.  It may be that the reason(s) for your violations are based in things I cannot see, so please bear that in mind.

However, it does seem to me that your site may fall foul of the "Spam techniques" policies.  You can read more about them here:

http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=50424

Specifically I would say you're breaching the policy regarding "Click, impression, and conversion inflation programs".  There's no real solution in this case - I imagine any site promoting this sort of company will be disapproved.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you very much for your replys. I realise now what's the reason. This may be a comparatively new policy because I know other people who promoted the same PTC site via Google AdWords and they were allowed to do so. My biggest problem at the moment is that they suspended my account because of this website. I have another account, which I created earlier and I haven't tried to advertise this site via the first account. Please tell me that it won't be suspended as well, because I will be desperate then... Also I paid $20 for the ad in the suspended account. Will I get this money back, considering that the ad will not run?

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

If you try to use another account to promote this blog, that will be suspended too.

You can get money back from your old account. Find more information here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I won't use the other account to promote this blog, or any other account. I'm just very worried that they may suspend the other account just because it's mine. Please note that it's created before the suspended account and I won't create any new. In this case do you think that I will be able to use my first account for other ads in the future or it will be suspended even if I advertise something that's allowed?

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

You will not have any problems advertising for a legitimate product or service which is allowed by Adwords.

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hello tinymouse68 and welcome:

Let me wrap up to this point;

Your blog violates a number of clauses of the Policy;

• Spam techniques ("exploiting online advertising systems, like AdWords, for financial gain")

I would also say that you are violating two other clauses of the Policy:
  • Even if the practice you are promoting (PTC) was valid, you are violating the "easy money" clause of the Policy; and the "arbitrage" clause.

As for your second question; Once an account is suspended, the advertiser cannot advertise anymore with Google. Any other account you open - will be suspended. (Google is pretty good at finding those.)

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’