AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Why my ads disapproved??

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I have a number of Ads disapproved by google. I can't figure out why as my website is a simple static one pager that I can't see violates any of the rules. It is only a temporary site for promoting an upcoming reveal campaign. I do recognise that there may not be enough content throughout the site but it states a lot of other reasons that may be the cause however it doesn't actually tell me why my site violates the policy or why it's having trouble with the destination experience.

Does anyone have any advice on how I would find out the exact cause?

Regards

NWNG

2 Expert replyverified_user

Why my ads disapproved??

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi,

Sorry you're having this trouble!

Try using this step-by-step guide to fixing disapproved ads: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704381

Let me know if that doesn't answer your question.

Best,

John

Why my ads disapproved??

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

This doesn't really answer my question as it still doesn't state anywhere the problem. I have read through all the policies and I can't see what we are doing wrong.

Regards,

NWNG

Why my ads disapproved??

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hi,

What specific policy does Google say the ads violated?

"You can find which ads or extensions are disapproved and why by looking at the "Status" column. Hover over the white speech bubble Ad disapproval bubble next to "Disapproved" and click the disapproval reason to learn more about the policy."

John

Why my ads disapproved??

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Unfortunately I do not have a white speech bubble.. It just says campaign is pending. Destination experience found in site read the policy and then site violates policy but no definition of how either of these are caused. The policy is a wide range of what it could be but doesn't actually say what it is therefore I don't know how I can fix this.

Regards

Nwng

Re: Why my ads disapproved??

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

Gotcha.

Try adding the "Policy details" column on the Ads tab (see screenshot below).

Screen Shot 2017-07-25 at 10.29.13 AM.png

Does this list any reasons for disapproval?

John

Why my ads disapproved??

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I had already tried this solution but it gives me the same message in policy details so I am still not getting anywhere. I have read the policy over and over and I really don't think I have violated any of the stated other than too little content perhaps.

Regards

Nwng

Why my ads disapproved??

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star

Does your website have contact information and a privacy policy? Google will typically require both of those.

How long ago did you create the campaign (i.e. do you know why it's still pending)?

John

Why my ads disapproved??

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

violations related to destination-experience mainly pertain
to a poor user experience on a website -- including a site's
functionality, usefulness, navigation, trust signals, etc.

posting a specific url link, here in public, may allow
forum-members to offer more specific suggestions.