AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Why is my site disapproved and how to fix it?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all.

My ad is disapproved and I got this email from google.

Disapproval Reason

====================

[Destination URL] Invalid HTTP Response Code: To ensure a good user experience, your destination URL must work properly and not return an error code beginning with a 4 or a 5 (such as a 404 error). Your destination URL or some component on that page (like Javascript) is returning a status code indicating an error.

I've checked my link with webmaster tool and fetch as google -> it succeeded.

However google still rejects my advertisement.

Can anybody help me why google gives this error? How can I fix it?

Link that I'm trying to use in the ad is this:

http://www.stand.com.tr/tr/index-tr#!careers

Re: Why is my site disapproved and how to fix it?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hey Sinan,

it's return a 404 response code. The Page you inserted in Ads is not found by Google andBrowser and that's why it's showing error.

Also, it could be a temporary server problem, unfortunately happening at the same time as the AdWords bot visited your landing page. Try making a small change to the ad and submit it again or wait for couple of hours. May be your temporary server error solved.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Kandarp,

Thank you for your reply.

I've already tried to post it second time with a little change on the title of the ad but it gave the same error. So i assume its not a temporary server problem, but rather it could be caused by a javascript or ajax in the page? What do you think?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Sinan,

I'm also not able to access the link. The extra characters in the link (#!) might be causing an issue. Once you fix the link, the ad should be approved.

Cheers,
Vineesh..