AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Why is my site disapproved and how to fix it?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am launching a new site in a few days. It's the website for my very real store (bricks and mortar) where we also sell our items online. When I first set up adwords the site was under maintenance and I got a disapproval notice for being a 'parked domain'. But we've now set the domain name to the correct one and we are still disapproved. Not only that, the account has been suspended. I contacted google to ask WHY and just got a generic message saying we are in violation of their policies, but I don't understand why - since its not a parked domain. is it? our site www.petit-bazaar.com - does the absence of "www" make a difference? And why if it's been manually reviewed is it disapproved? What really irriates me is the lack of info from google to help me fix this - it's real site with real content, surely it cna't be that hard!
2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Why is my site disapproved and how to fix it?

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi pbweb,

It usually takes our systems anywhere between 24-48 hours to auto re-review sites that were taken down for parked domain. In the future, if you do come across a similar situation feel free to send the site for a re-review as listed on the help center article here -  http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1206870 

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi pbweb and welcome to the forum.  I can't say for certain why you have been suspended but I could take a good guess that it's because of the pop-up on the home page.  AdWords Policies specifically prohibit pop-ups on landing pages:

"Google AdWords doesn't allow pop-ups to appear when users enter or leave your landing page. We consider a pop-up to be any window, regardless of content, that opens in addition to the original window."

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi pbweb,

It usually takes our systems anywhere between 24-48 hours to auto re-review sites that were taken down for parked domain. In the future, if you do come across a similar situation feel free to send the site for a re-review as listed on the help center article here -  http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1206870