AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Why is my site disapproved and how to fix it?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am launching a new site in a few days. It's the website for my very real store (bricks and mortar) where we also sell our items online. When I first set up adwords the site was under maintenance and I got a disapproval notice for being a 'parked domain'. But we've now set the domain name to the correct one and we are still disapproved. Not only that, the account has been suspended. I contacted google to ask WHY and just got a generic message saying we are in violation of their policies, but I don't understand why - since its not a parked domain. is it? our site www.petit-bazaar.com - does the absence of "www" make a difference? And why if it's been manually reviewed is it disapproved? What really irriates me is the lack of info from google to help me fix this - it's real site with real content, surely it cna't be that hard!
2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Why is my site disapproved and how to fix it?

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi pbweb,

It usually takes our systems anywhere between 24-48 hours to auto re-review sites that were taken down for parked domain. In the future, if you do come across a similar situation feel free to send the site for a re-review as listed on the help center article here -  http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1206870 

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi pbweb and welcome to the forum.  I can't say for certain why you have been suspended but I could take a good guess that it's because of the pop-up on the home page.  AdWords Policies specifically prohibit pop-ups on landing pages:

"Google AdWords doesn't allow pop-ups to appear when users enter or leave your landing page. We consider a pop-up to be any window, regardless of content, that opens in addition to the original window."

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi pbweb,

It usually takes our systems anywhere between 24-48 hours to auto re-review sites that were taken down for parked domain. In the future, if you do come across a similar situation feel free to send the site for a re-review as listed on the help center article here -  http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1206870