AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4K members online now
4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Why is my ad still under review?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I submitted a video ad last week. It's my own creation has no curse words or anything that violates the TOS. It still is not serving and I have not gotten an email saying it's been approved or dissaproved. What is going on?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Why is my ad still under review?

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi,

If it's been more than 3 business days since you submitted the ad, please contact AdWords support and ask them to expedite the review.  We occasionally get behind on reviews, especially early in the week due to ads that pile up over the weekend.  (The system is first come, first served, however.)

A couple of months ago we were behind on reviews and they were often taking longer than 3 days.  At the moment we're mostly caught up, though.

Zee: We now review ads in paused campaigns too, so that advertisers can create a bunch of paused ads in advance of a sale, get them reviewed, and then activate them all at once.  This change happened about 18 months ago if I remember right.  At the same time we started reviewing ads in "not billing ready" accounts as well, so that ads can run sooner after the billing data is entered.  About the only ads we won't queue for review are those in suspended accounts.

Checking for alerts is a very good idea.

Laura

AdWords review engineer

View solution in original post

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 2
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Offbeatbryce

Can you please make sure that your campaign is not paused? This is a common mistake. Also are there any alerts in your account that might indicate why your ads are not running? If you still have an issue, please, post back, and I'll connect you to the support team.

Best,

Zee
G+
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi,

If it's been more than 3 business days since you submitted the ad, please contact AdWords support and ask them to expedite the review.  We occasionally get behind on reviews, especially early in the week due to ads that pile up over the weekend.  (The system is first come, first served, however.)

A couple of months ago we were behind on reviews and they were often taking longer than 3 days.  At the moment we're mostly caught up, though.

Zee: We now review ads in paused campaigns too, so that advertisers can create a bunch of paused ads in advance of a sale, get them reviewed, and then activate them all at once.  This change happened about 18 months ago if I remember right.  At the same time we started reviewing ads in "not billing ready" accounts as well, so that ads can run sooner after the billing data is entered.  About the only ads we won't queue for review are those in suspended accounts.

Checking for alerts is a very good idea.

Laura

AdWords review engineer

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 4
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks, Laura!

Zee
G+

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

am I still being charged whilst it's under review?

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager
This 2012 thread has been closed to new replies.