AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Why is my ad "Approved (limited)"?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there, I would like to know why my ad is "Approved (limited)." I have the exact same keywords pointing to my same website on a different campaign. I'm just trying a different strategy with this one. I would like to note that I was under ad restriction because I did not realize that I could not use all caps for 2 of my words. This was an accident and I have since changed it back to lower case. The ad then got approved but only to "Approved (limited)." Can you please help me figure out what I can do to change this. I'm new to AdWords and would like to spend more money if Google can prove to me that AdWords even helps me make conversions... or if it's just costing me $$$ in clicks.

Also, my website is https://www.elohut.com and I have recently purchased this website about a week ago. I purchased it from someone in Maryland. I live in Hawaii, and since the purchase, the EloHut sales have fallen off the map Smiley Sad ...i really need someone's help... possibly with Google Plus and "Local Business" affecting my sales.

Thank you much!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Why is my ad "Approved (limited)"?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Elo,
Approved (limited) is a status given to ads that comply with Adwords policies but are limited in where and when they can show. Go through the help article for more information:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2684542?co=ADWORDS.IsAWNCustomer%3Dfalse&hl=en

Regards,
Ujjwal

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ujjwal,
I understand what "Approved (limited)" status is and have read up on it and done some research for the past hour on it. According to the Google articles I cannot find the reason why my ad is in limited status. According to your article, I am in 100% compliance.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi Elo,

If the ad is in the same ad group as fully approved ads, and the final URL is the same, then the cause will be the wording of the ad. Some word(s) that does not appear in the other ads is the problem.

Regarding the drop in sales, that is an SEO question and not suited to this board. You might want to investigate prior traffic sources - some might have been been paid.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Elo,

Have you checked your targeted location? Are you ads allowed in your targeted location?

Regards,
Ujjwal

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
RobSkelton,
Thank you very much for the insight. I did not think of Google seeing a discrepancy in the same URL with different words advertised. Thank you!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ujjwal,
Thank you for your reply! Yes, the ads would definitely be acceptable in my target area as I have one campaign with all "Approved" ads, and another campaign which targets some of the same keywords (the better performing ones) as "Approved (limited)" ...I'm not sure exactly why yet, and I'm waiting for a Google customer service agent to contact me, but I believe it has something to do with what RobSkelton said earlier...... maybe I have to make the ads appear exactly the same... letter for letter....???

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Elo H,

Another possibility of Approved Limited that I can think of (you may have already gone through it) is the use of Trademark/Restricted Terms in your ad copies. You can try comparing what you were using earlier in your ad text and what you have changed that resulted in this.

You can try adding a Column "Policy Details" in your Ads Tab of your Adwords account to see the exact reason for Approved Limited.

Regards,
Ashish