AdWords
5.9K members online now
5.9K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Why is it so hard to remove ads?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok. Here is the story:

I built a bridge page and decided to try adwords to get traffic.

Adwords flagged it, suspended the campaign, and let me know that advertising for simple bridge pages was not allowed. I can respect that. I told them I would remove the ads that targeted the bridge page. They said I couldn't do that. Huh? They let me know that I would need to change the page to meet their policies and have it reveiwed again before I could remove the ads targeting the site. Really?

I decided to try to appease Adwords since I might work with them again in the future. Mind you I have online advertising in other venues already pointing to the site. I have print materials that are out that I couldn’t change. I went ahead and made the changes, basically killing its whole purpose. It was resubmitted and I waited for three days. During that time the red boxes were taken off my adword screens and everything resumed. While waiting I had 'paused' what other advertising I could and just hoped that people who had the print versions would wait a few days to visit the site.

After three days I went in to my adwords account and removed the ad, keywords, and campaign that targeted the bridge page. After doing that, I changed the site back to what I needed and resumed my other advertising venues.

I got an email this morning stating that my whole account is now suspended. I guess they thought I was trying to trick them by having the site reviewed and then updating the site?

How is it that Adwords can make me out to be the jerk in this scenario? I just want to STOP the advertising to my affiliate page!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Why is it so hard to remove ads?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there

Please share with us your updated site (after the fix ) that you would like to promote

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The web site is www.StarkWealth.com.  It is a bridge page.  The only purpose of it is to send people along to a great site with my affiliate id in the link.  I understand that Adwords does not allow this.  That's cool.  What I don't understand is why the Adwords team says that I need to make permanent changes to this site when I have no intention of using Adwords to promote it going forward.  It now has nothing to do with Adwords and yet my account is suspended unless I make permanent changes to a site that has no bearing on my Adwords account.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again;

I got your point;

This is one of the basic principles of AdWords policy;

Once a site - linked to an account - was found in violation of the Policy, it has to be fixed, before the account can appeal for unsuspension, even if you released the domain, or have no control over it (anymore).

We have had numerous cases like that. (Run a search using the community search for "site must be brought compliance" ).

I know that it sounds illogical, but this is the process google has set.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor Alumni
# 5
Top Contributor Alumni

What I don't understand is why the Adwords team says that I need to make permanent changes to this site when I have no intention of using Adwords to promote it going forward.

All I can offer is the information that once a site is suspended for violations, it remains suspended, regardless of whether or not an AdWords campaign is trying to serve ads against it. After all, the program doesn't/can't know your "intentions."  The site was flagged for measurable violations--as long as those violations continue to exist, the site will continue to be suspended.

I would say that the suspension doesn't matter if you don't intend to try using AdWords to promote this site again. 

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*