AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Why have my ads been suspended because they're similar to another account?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a MCC account and set up AdWords accounts on behalf of my customers. A lot of my customers offer the same services but in different areas. I will not work with 2 businesses oferring the same services in the same areas ie. 2 competitors.

This week I needed to set up 14 new clients, all offering the same service in different parts of the UK. I  am very careful to ensure they don't overlap in targeting location. I used the same keywords, similar ads but different URLS, businesses addresses and billing details. I copied the keywords and ads to the new campaigns using AdWords Editor and now all the accounts have been suspended because of 'suspicious behaviour'. See image for full error message. 

I'm guessing this is because the accounts are similar and the only AdWords policy that might be flagging my ads up as cause for concern is the 'unfair advantage' term: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6020954?hl=en-GB but this wouldn't be the case as they're separate businesses not competing with one another. 

I've sent a form appealing the suspension from Google for 1 account. But, I don't really want to do this for every account (and any future accounts, my business is built on word of mouth so I get a lot of non-competing businesses offering similar services) if it doesn't work. Does anyone have any experience of this, and knows if I am doing anything to violate Google AdWords terms? 

Really wanting to get these accounts up and running and it's hindering my business. Thank you in advance, 

Daisy

Screen Shot 2017-08-01 at 2.06.59 PM.png

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello @Daisy F

Nope. The issue  is not the "gain unfair advantage". As you corrected to point out - the practice you follow does not suggest a violation.

As shown in the "red bar" the reason is a "suspicious billing activity".
Please fill in this form for each account suspended
https://support.google.com/adwords/contact/pf_suspended

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your reply MosheTLV, but I've used different billing information for each account. Surely, it can't be a coincidence that they are all suspended for this reason?  

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

This is the reason in the red bar- isn't it?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’