AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Why do sex-related keywords have no search results?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi - hoping someone can help.

I have thoroughly read adwords approval documentation related to family-safe / adult-approved / etc.

On https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/118297?hl=en

it says:

"Since adult ads will show on Google only for adult search terms, make sure that the keywords you use for such ads are adult in nature."

But with safesearch off, there are still no ad results for common, non-profane sex-related terms... 

We are part of a sex-education program looking to buy adwords but are concerned that perhaps there are 'blocked' or unavailable keywords?

Terms such as Sex / Sex Education / Orgasm

have zero ad results

Whereas terms such as Sexual enhancement /  Sex toys

have many results.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
September

Re: Why do sex-related keywords have no search results?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again;

Adult related ads, are classified as "Approved for adult" and will be shown only for queries which are "adult in nature". Hence, it's hard to get statistics  about adult search terms.
Read more:
https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6023699?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hmm... How do you test?

Did you use the keyword planner  for researching?

Read more:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2999770?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
We researched simply by searching the terms. There are no adword ads. We also used various SEM tools like SEMrush.com.

Anyone have any idea whether Google has decided certain terms are unbiddable or blacklisted?

It's frustrating to us that taboos are preventing people who need information from getting it. This isn't the 1950's anymore...

Any insights appreciated.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
September

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again;

Adult related ads, are classified as "Approved for adult" and will be shown only for queries which are "adult in nature". Hence, it's hard to get statistics  about adult search terms.
Read more:
https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6023699?hl=en

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Are your keywords flagged for low search volume? That may be contributing as well. I have run ads for a women's clinic in the past and they were able to secure search traffic for queries that I'm guessing are similar to what you would be bidding on and we were able to generate significant traffic.

I guess I should have asked - have you launched your AdWords account or are you doing Google searches to determine volume? As Moshe said, the keyword planner should help you to determine search volume and is more accurate than simply Googling.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Alow me to use freedom of speech 

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Freedom of speech is for your house, not other people's property. 

This thread has been closed to new replies.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.