AdWords
6.8K members online now
6.8K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Why cant google enforce their own policies regarding banned items specifically sparklers?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sparklers are supposedely a banned keyword for adwords yet a search for them inundates the user with a ton of ads for them. From small merchants upto amazon and etsy, it seems that google doesnt care to really enforce their policy regarind the advertisement of pyrotechnic goods. So my question is, how do i get my sparklers ads in the mix because everytime i try they get refused. Oh and i want to do this ethically, ie no negative keywords.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Why cant google enforce their own policies regarding banned items specifically sparklers?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Wsusa,

Some of them may be authorized while most of them might fall under exceptions. Ad campaigns targeting the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, or Ireland may use a trademark in ad text if the ad is in compliance with Google's policy on resellers and informational sites.

I'm quoting from policy:

Resellers:

• The ad's landing page is primarily dedicated to selling (or clearly facilitating the sale of) the goods or services corresponding to a trademark term. 
    OR 
    The ad's landing page is primarily dedicated to selling (or clearly facilitating the sale of) the components, replacement parts, or compatible products relating to the goods or services of the trademark.
  • The product or services must be the primary focus of the ad's landing page. The landing page must clearly provide a way to purchase the product or services OR display commercial information about the product or services.

Informational sites:

• The primary purpose of the ad's landing page is to provide informative details about goods or services corresponding to the trademark term.
  • The product or services must be the primary focus of the ad's landing page.

Best,

Lakatos

Re: Why cant google enforce their own policies regarding banned items specifically sparklers?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi 

Huh? Why is that policy relevant?

It seems there is a method to game the adwords system, it seems that google employees have no idea about said gaming, and google engineers are too busy writing code to acknowledge the fact their precious code is being gamed.

There is a specific fireworks policy within the tos.

http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=176027

Read it and become informed per topic please.

Again, why do the same advertisers get their ads approved while i cannot? I have on multiple occasions reported said advertisers and it seems that their ccount should be banned. 

Re: Why cant google enforce their own policies regarding banned items

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

figures. why is it noone from google or the "experts" here can answer my question directly? see policy in question please:

http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/176027?hl=en

is see "zee" made this post i just wanted to give a back LOL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

ROTFLMAO i have submitted the same ads so many times its not even funny. google give 0 anythings regarding enforcement of their policies. they take the if you can game us we'll look the other way approach. in my industry that is unethical but no one at google seems to care about ethics. just look at the wifi scandal amungst other scandals. monopoly!

Hi Community Members,

Just as we work hard to make Gmail free of spam, we’re committed to enforcing rigorous standards for the ads that appear on Google and our partner sites. More details on how we do this are available on our blog.

What you can do to help?
You can 
report ads you believe to be fraudulent or in violation of our policies.

What happens next?
Although we won’t be able to respond to your feedback personally, we’ll make sure it reaches the appropriate team. And if necessary, take the appropriate action.

Thank you for your feedback!

Google AdWords Policy Team

Zee

Re: is see "zee" made this post i just wanted to give a back

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

bizzump!