AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Why cant I use the Samsung We are authorized distributors

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are the biggest Samsung Mobile distributors in South Africa. And we have several awards from Samsung SA. Why are we not allowed to use Samsung in our keywords??? There is no email address to discuss the problems I am having loading my site into Google ads. They have however taken our money.... 

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bradley C
September 2015

Re: Why cant I use the Samsung We are authorized distributors

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Bradley, Google only restricts the use of Trademarked terms in Ad Text not in Keywords, so if you're using "Samsung" in your Keywords there should be no problem.  If you're using the word in your Ad Text you will likely need specific approval from Samsung to use their name in your Ads and this has to come from Samsung and be registered with Google, details of which are in this help file link:

Help for Trademark Owners

If you have been charged for Ads then that suggests they are actually running, in which case the problem is something else and you may need to provide us with more details before we can help.

If you wish to take this up with Google directly, their contact details are available in the link at the top of this screen marked "Contact AdWords".

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Bradley ! Welcome to the Adwords Forum !

As far as I know keywords have no restrictions, even if they are trademarks, as written in this policy :

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6118?hl=en

Trademark terms used in keywords

Google will not investigate or restrict the use of trademark terms in keywords, even if a trademark complaint is received.

This is the link for contact phones , chat and email ( you can see it in the forum in the upper right side "Contact adwords" link )   :

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/8206?hl=en&hlrm=en

Maybe you have been using Samsung in the text of the Ads and yes that can be a reason for automatic rejection of ads . However the approval process can be done with a person after you send them an authorisation for usage of the Samsung trademark as a reseller.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Bradley, Google only restricts the use of Trademarked terms in Ad Text not in Keywords, so if you're using "Samsung" in your Keywords there should be no problem.  If you're using the word in your Ad Text you will likely need specific approval from Samsung to use their name in your Ads and this has to come from Samsung and be registered with Google, details of which are in this help file link:

Help for Trademark Owners

If you have been charged for Ads then that suggests they are actually running, in which case the problem is something else and you may need to provide us with more details before we can help.

If you wish to take this up with Google directly, their contact details are available in the link at the top of this screen marked "Contact AdWords".

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Bradley ! Welcome to the Adwords Forum !

As far as I know keywords have no restrictions, even if they are trademarks, as written in this policy :

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6118?hl=en

Trademark terms used in keywords

Google will not investigate or restrict the use of trademark terms in keywords, even if a trademark complaint is received.

This is the link for contact phones , chat and email ( you can see it in the forum in the upper right side "Contact adwords" link )   :

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/8206?hl=en&hlrm=en

Maybe you have been using Samsung in the text of the Ads and yes that can be a reason for automatic rejection of ads . However the approval process can be done with a person after you send them an authorisation for usage of the Samsung trademark as a reseller.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks I would really like to use the Samsung TM in the keywords. Busy requesting permission from Samsung in Korea.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
You said that you are the biggest Samsung Mobile distributors in South Africa. Can i ask which company are working in, Bradley?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have omitted using Samsung in the title of our ads. Our company in called 3G Mobile. We have won Samsung best distributor award 2 years running. Thats I have seen other companies with Samsung in the ads Title. Now I am wondering how they got them through Google. see below
Samsung Phones - BidorBuy - bidorbuy.co.za‎
www.bidorbuy.co.za/Phones_PDAs‎
Wide Range of Affordable Samsung Phones. Only at BidorBuy!

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Google Employee
# 8
Google Employee

Cansu,

Thank you for posting on our forum. However you are not allowed to promote any products or services here as it is against the Community guidelines. If you have a question or issue about your Adwords account, please feel free to post a description on our forums. In order to protect your personal privacy, we advise you to remove your emails and/or phone numbers from the post.

*Avoid self-promotion
This user-to-user community is not intended as a place for members to solicit business by promoting their products or services, even if they are AdWords-related. (Your profile is your dedicated space to include any information you wish to share with others, so feel free to use it.) Please don’t create posts that solicit business or use a signature as a means of promoting your business.