AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Why can't you send Remarketing users back to your cart page?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Experts,
I have recently been working on a Remarketing strategy and would like to target an audience who have added items to their basket but not proceeded to checkout. My remarketing display ads would say something like "we noticed you still have items in your basket" CTA could be complete order, then send the user back to /cart/ where their items would remain as per cookies.

However Google have disapproved the ads as there is not content on the page (cart) when they check the URL. Is there a way around this? to me it would seem an obvious remarketing strategy has anyone expereinced this previously. Could Google manually approve? Any suggested solutions welcome.
Thanks
Carl

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Why can't you send Remarketing users back to your cart page?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
I don't think Google would make an exception. Landing pages must have content.

A solution would be to create a page with content, that clearly has a link or instructions pointing people to their cart.

However I don't think taking people back to the cart is going to fix whatever caused them to abandon it. Generally if people want to purchase, they will, even if they accidentally closed the browser or their phone died or whatever.

You can use this opportunity to discover the reasons for cart abandonment. Offer them a free shipping coupon, or a discount, and send them back to your home page. Often people quit carts when they see the shipping cost...