AdWords
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Why can't google employees effectively enforce policy violations?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It seems that Google et al cannot or is not willing to enforce policies on a consistent basis. Why is this? I know there are goolgers here, can you please explain?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Why can't google employees effectively enforce policy viol

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
I am not a Googler.

What policies are not being effectively or consistently enforced?

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
yup - based on the policy documentation Sparklers should not be allowed on AdWords. Looks like they are slipping through the cracks somehow. Highly unlikely this is on purpose Google takes policy violations pretty seriously. They have a massive job on their hands with monitoring for and handling policy issues. Trust me, I have talked to some of the Googlers who work on these teams, they don't purposefully disregard policy violations.

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm well aware of their monumental task but google is a machine and the engineers should be smart enough to be able to catch these "cracks" automatically. They have plenty of evidence to create a filter. So I don't buy that argument at all. These violations have lasted years, they are always the same few companies/agencies and its not fair when I do this I get a warning that my account will be banned for the next violation. Googlers themselves have assured me multiple times that repeat offenders will get banned. Well the proof is not here of that, Kim. It sure seems like all hat and no cattle, a bunch of hot air. The adwords kids that you talk to on the phone have no power but to say 'ok' and 'yes' and 'I agree with you.'

Thanks for the response. I've found if i rattle enough cages eventually someone who has authority in Mountain View will take a second away from the gourmet lunch and racquetball to do something fair.

Oh and the somehow is negative keywords and mispellings.

<sigh> :/

Re: Why can&#39;t google employees effectively enforce policy viol

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
LOL! I hear you. Sounds like you are pretty frustrated because you want to market something and Google says is against policy but you see other people get away with it.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
More like highly disappointed in a company whose services I increasingly want to use less and less of everyday. Can't help but notice 0 googlers are chirping in today.

Community Manager
# 8
Community Manager

Hi Wsusa,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I know our Policy team strives to ensure that all advertisers are adhearing to the same guidelines and subject to the same policies. 

What I would suggest, is that you should fill in the below form with the relevant details of the competitor that you suspect is violating policies. This form goes directly to the AdWords Policy team for review. Unfortunatly, the Community team do not have access to AdWords accounts and therefore I am unable to look into the specifics of this issue. 

Feedback on AdWords Ads: https://support.google.com/adwords/troubleshooter/4578507?rd=1

From time to time, there can be instances where the approval filters require changes, and we always appreciate your feedback when this happens.

Please reply on this thread if I can be of any more assistance.

Kathleen

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Kathleen

Thanks for the response however the saying been there done that comes to mind very quickly. The policy is quit clear as are the violations. Unfortunately my expectations for action is quite low.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
ongoing and getting worse.