AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Why can't I have 2 different destination URLs in the same adgroup

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I simply want to add both my custom domain urls and banded URLs in the same adgroup.  Adwords says I can't do this.  Is there any way around this rule, and why do they have this rule?

I.E. I want to add these two handwriting recognition based URLS to the same group and these 2 ICR based URLs to another adgroup.

Handwriting Recognition 1

Handwriting Recognition 2

Intelligent Character Recognition 1

Intelligent Character Recognition 2

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Neel P
September 2015

Re: Why can't I have 2 different destination URLs in the same

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Neel,
AdWords only allows one Domain per Ad Group - there are no exceptions here.  Also, AdWords does not allow double-serving (they'll only serve on Ad, per website, per AdWords Account for any given search query.

What exactly are you trying to do?  I tried both of your URLs - could you perhaps host the content on just one domain?  If the content was on the same domain, you could do an A/B test and see what ones performs better.  You could do this via AdWords Campaign Experiments.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Neel P
September 2015

Re: Why can't I have 2 different destination URLs in the same

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Neel,
AdWords only allows one Domain per Ad Group - there are no exceptions here.  Also, AdWords does not allow double-serving (they'll only serve on Ad, per website, per AdWords Account for any given search query.

What exactly are you trying to do?  I tried both of your URLs - could you perhaps host the content on just one domain?  If the content was on the same domain, you could do an A/B test and see what ones performs better.  You could do this via AdWords Campaign Experiments.