AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Why are my ads disapproved, when the flagged word is not even in the text?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We're an app development agency and we've got some new ads. Unfortunately they were disapproved because the word GEMCITABINE was flagged as a drug term. This word is not even in the ad! 

These are Dutch ads which are not related to drugs in any way, this word has nothing to do with apps, I don't know why I would put it in my ad. How can I fix this? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Does that word appear on your website anywhere? 

Google:

site:yoursite.com GEMCITABINE 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Rob,

thanks for your reply. The word appears in our portfolio because we made an app to be used by prescribers for dosing calculation https://www.everywhereim.com/projects/gemcitabine_en.html 

We're not selling Gemcitabine and the ad is not referring to it. How can I solve this? It only gets flagged by some ads and not by others...

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

You can phone AdWords support and ask them to manually approve it. Even if they do, bots will likely keep flagging your site because with language like this they'll think you are a pharmacy:

The app is developed for prescribing physicians and pharmacists working with Gemcitabine.