AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Whitelisted Marchex URL Compatibilty with URL Upgrade

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Currently, I use whitelisted Marchex URLs in my destination URLs. For example, my destination URL may be "websitelandingpage.calls.net" where my display URL will be "website.com". For the past 5 years, everything has been going smoothly.

However, I anticipate the new upgraded URLs to give me a headache. Will all my URLs need to be changed? Does anybody else use Marchex URLs in this way? Is there a workaround? What are my options? Having the ".calls.net" in the display is NOT an option for us.

I have had numerous calls and emails with Google & Marchex reps and they all assure me I will encounter a problem. However, nobody has been able to provide me with what exactly the problem is, next steps, workarounds, or any advice.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Whitelisted Marchex URL Compatibilty with URL Upgrade

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi RJ,
I am not sure what kind of tracking parameters you are using, but I am wondering how your ads have been running with two different display and destination URLs?

If your ads are advertising website.com, they need to direct customers to website.com, not .calls.net.

Kathleen