AdWords
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Which of my pages need SSL?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

New to Google Ads... Maybe you can help..

I have a business site with my content. I have an "about us" and "contact us" page. I have built a landing page onto a subdomain (info.mysite.com). I am asking for Name, email, phone and business name only.

I am looking to run a google ad... I'm a little confused.... which of my pages need https in order to be in compliance?

-- all pages on my site?

-- my landing page (sub-domain) AND my contact us page

-- just my landing page?

Thanks for the help!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Which of my pages need SSL?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Jim,

Great question.

For your landing page, and any page on your site where you are collecting information, these should be SSL. The official work from Google: [you need] SSL when collecting payment and certain financial and personal information

They define personal information such as:

• Name
  • Email
  • Address
  • Phone Number

In short, get an SSL for your site. It helps keep things safer for your and your customers, reduces your liability, helps your organic rankings, and lets AdWords know you mean business. 

This should be present on the pages that collect the information.

One of the easiest ways to get an SSL set up is using Cloudflare (I'm not affiliated with them in anyway, other than a customer myself). 

Cheers Jim!

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Which of my pages need SSL?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@Jim N;

SLL is advisable when collecting personal information, however, required only when you collect sensitive personal information (e.g. Driver license, SSN) or executes payment (i.e user provides a credit card number).

My recommendation though, is to use SSL  in any form collecting phone number, address and email. (though, as said, not required)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’