AdWords
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Where to Report

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, i want to ask where can i report ads for policy violations?

No offense but Google is pretty bad at following ad policy compliance and they keep approving Ads that violate tons and tons of policies all at once. Sometimes it even takes you guys many months before you finally shut down bad ads.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Stanislav G
June 2016

Re: Where to Report

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Agree with you Stanislav G
Google Ads team is paying on reported violations , because there are a lot

You can use this link to report a violations.
https://support.google.com/adwords/troubleshooter/4578507?rd=1

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Straight from the horse's mouth:

• >>"Last year alone, we disabled more than 780 million ads for violating our policies—a number that's increased over the years thanks to new protections we've put in place."
  • >>"we’ve invested in sophisticated technology and a global team of 1,000+ people dedicated to fighting bad ads
  • >>"We blocked more than 12.5 million ads that violated our healthcare and medicines policy, such as ads for pharmaceuticals that weren’t approved for use or that made misleading claims to be as effective as prescription drugs.
  • >>"In 2015, we stepped up our efforts to fight phishing sites, blocking nearly 7,000 sites as a result.

https://googleblog.blogspot.co.il/2016/01/better-ads-report.html

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
great but i see new ads coming all the time that violate healthcare and medicine policy and are also thin affiliate pages. these ads are extremely low value and do nothing but misleading people. I understand you can't beat them all at once but the worst part is that sometimes it takes months before they get taken down.

I tried the link Armen posted but the problem right now is that i'm currently not in the US and the ad i wish to report shows up in the US and UK so i cant get the so called "ad's link location".

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

@MosheTLV

>>"we’ve invested in sophisticated technology and a global team of 1,000+ people dedicated to fighting bad ads

Who checks up on these people? I guess you don't know, but my point is, what stops someone from working unethical and approving ads that should not be approved? With so many people there is a high probablity that you have some black sheeps. I suspect this with some ads that I have seen and discussion on this forum. A site that sells a product online, can earn thousands in a very short time with ads that should not be allowed.

It is strange that Google don't have a premium service (similar to the analytycs 360 suite) for serious businesses. A serious business, with legitimate ads can and will lose millions because of fake sites, ads and similar. 

Well it is not the topic, but still, just a little rant from me.

The point is, policy system is not good.