AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Where is the "Policy Details" column for video ads?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

There is only a policy details column for AdWords online ads.

There is not a policy details column for AdWords video ads to see what policy is restricting my video ad from displaying on YouTube. 

I know what "Approved (limited)" means, but I want to know what policy is limiting the video ad from showing.

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Where is the "Policy Details" column for video ads?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I was able to get it to work.

I removed a brand name I typed in the ad and now it is approved. I assume the brand name falls under the AdWords trademark policy.

Thank you for the help and suggestions.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi;
to my recollection in "approved limited" - not always the relevant section of the Policy -restricting the ad - is shown.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes you are right, in none of the Tabs ( Campaign >Ads > Video > Targets) , the button Columns >Customize Columns does not give the option to add Policy details, as it does for normal campaigns.

I can only tell you that it happened to me to have a Video Ad dissaproved when the owner of the channel switched the Video from "Unlisted / Public" to "private" making it unavailable to viewers of the Ad just for a couple of hours.

In this situation it is best to contact support using the phone or chat link from this page :

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/8206?hl=en&hlrm=en

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Moshe is right, here is the page about possible reasons for the "Approved limited" status :

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2684542?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the responses.

I saw that link with the reasons, but I am wondering which reason my video ad falls under. None of those reasons apply to my video ad. That is why I am looking for the policy details column for video ads. 

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Can you share the ad?
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I was able to get it to work.

I removed a brand name I typed in the ad and now it is approved. I assume the brand name falls under the AdWords trademark policy.

Thank you for the help and suggestions.