AdWords
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Where can I read about restricted items for Google shopping ads?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'm interested in finding information regarding the restrictions for Google shopping ads.  

On the marketplace Etsy, we have recently been limited to the way we describe our anti aging skin care products.  This change was apparently put in place to comply with Google shopping ads.  

Thank you,

Jeanette

ClaribelSkinCare.com

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Where can I read about restricted items for Google shopping ads?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Jeanette,

Please note that policies are country specific and may undergo changes from time to time. The link provided below will teach you about Google's Healthcare and Medicines Policy.

*** Healthcare and Medicines Policy

http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=176031

Best,

Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Lakatos.

There is information regarding online pharmacies, unapproved drugs and supplements, medical devices, etc. - but I do not see any information regarding products that are focused on anti aging (or cosmetic products that reference medical studies).

Where is that information?

Regards,

Jeanette

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Jeanette, bottom line is if you can't find such items it means that no restrictions apply to your specialty. However, be very careful and you're strongly advised to double-check it a few times. Additionally, please come back to this page from time to time so that you can catch any new developments in due time.

Best,

Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you, I will keep reviewing it to understand it fully.

We've been told at Etsy that the ads for that marketplace were suspended because of sellers making anti aging or medical claims (herbal products, essential oils, etc.).  If that's true, and it appears that it is, that information should be readily available.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi,

I have no idea what Etsy is saying or doing...I'm going to have to leave that to you...

The information for AdWords Policies is readily available in the Policy Center.  I think what you may be referring to is not a product specific policy, for AdWords it is called User Safety

One of the main points of this policy is that advertisers "Promote products with realistic, credible, and reasonable claims".  This covers EVERYTHING and ANYTHING that is potentially advertised via AdWords.  We see advertisers here all the time that receive suspensions for this policy.  You cannot make claims of any sort that cannot be 100% proven.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’