AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

What to do when migrating sites?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I was trying to migrate my site to a different hosting company and therefore i set the homepage of this site with a public notice that i am doing the migration for my clients so they cannot use the site till then. However i have ensured that i paused all my Google campaigns related to this site before i do so. However it looks like Google's policy detection software still scrutinize campaigns which are paused as well and detected that the above website's landing page does not conform to their site policies and therefore they banned the site.

Why should Google check paused campaigns for policy compliance, how else can i notify Google that i wont be running the ads until the site is migrate to a new hosting company. Yes i can delete the ads till the site migration completes so that they wont check the site for policy compliance but this sounds silly a bit because pausing a campaign should do the job. Please advise...

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: What to do when migrating sites?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Raja,
Unfortunately, there is no way out than re-submitting your campaigns for review again once your website is ready. Google Adwords do check paused campaigns for policy compliance. Once your website is ready, please go ahead and re-submit for review from below link. It should work. All the best.

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1206870?hl=en

Thanks,
Balu

Re: What to do when migrating sites?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello ;

Paused ads are checked, so they are available instantly upon request of the advertiser without the need to have them rechecked. (e.g an advertiser wants to launch an instant campaign as a response to a competitor's new launch. - In he past, the advertiser had to wait until ad was approved, and lost vital time)

In your case I think you should have moved the site and use redirect;

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’