What the regulations and requirements to advertise OTC drugs?
Re: What the regulations and requirements to advertise OTC drugs?
Welcome to the AdWords Community and thanks for your post.
We have different requirements for advertising healthcare-related products based on the product you're advertising and the country you're targeting.
Google AdWords doesn't allow the promotion of the following pharmaceuticals and supplements, irrespective of any claims of legality:
- Non-exhaustive list of prohibited pharmaceuticals and supplements
- Products that contain ephedra
- DHEA and melatonin products
- Human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) in relation to weight loss/weight control, or when promoted in conjunction with anabolic steroids
- Herbal and dietary supplements with active pharmaceutical or dangerous ingredients
- Products that make false or misleading health claims, such as claiming to be as effective as anabolic steroids, prescription weight-loss drugs, and prescription erectile dysfunction drugs
- Non-government approved or non-prescription products that are marketed in a way that implies that they're safe or effective for use in preventing, curing, or treating a particular disease or ailment
For additional information on the products we monitor under this policy, please visitwww.legitscript.com.
See this Help Center article for the entire Healthcare and medicines policy.