AdWords
4K members online now
4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

What the heck I'd wrong with this picture? TQM anybody?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Crap I just wanted to promote a music album. All of my videos are approved but now the account is under review? Anyways i come here looking for some comfort that the 400 I prepaid didn't go to waist and I find a bunch of poor **bleep** who are banned for life. I don't need this crap. PrePaying money and then living in fear that I'll be banned

You know iTunes says banner ads are not very effective for mp3 sales.

Its like the flesh fairs from the movie AI in here
Who wants to Pay money for that!

I was afraid how mad I will be if google never runs my ads on YouTube. Judging by google's concept of Total Quality Management It may just be a relief. Do I really have to kiss their **bleep** on top of giving them money?

I'm a small time producer but I know a few big time producers. Does google really want this to be their reputation?

Bet this gets me banned?
1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Will
September 2015

Re: What the heck I'd wrong with this picture? TQM anybody?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 12
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I don't the circumstances of the post so I appologize.   But my point is that google has given you no power to help the customer or find the information that customers need.  My problem is not with you.  It's with google policy and management.  The google reps at the call center and here are doing the best they can with no information and they mostly take the blame for google's rather nasty customer relations policy.  Whis is that customers are icky and policy should not have to awnser to them directly for their actions.

Will 

View solution in original post

Re: Picture not approved

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Will; Welcome to AdWords;

Let start by saying that Adwords  has a different management concept : TQM is not implemented by Google AdWords (though we can say that in general  basic concept "do it the right way - you'll get it right "- always works - Doesn't ít?)

Your question is not quite clear.

• What picture was disapproved?
  • What account (YouTube or Adwords ) is under review? Have you received an email notification on that?

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My whole account is under review after they ran some activity on the videos...

And as far as did I receive an email notifiction?

I never give call center reps a bad review because they're often given the impossible job of being a buffer to the policy making

(5 hour day working) (family friend of upper managment being) management staff.  And that's the sense I get here not only do I not no why.  Nobody at the call center can tell me why.  In fact I've gotten 3 different awnsers, one says the ads are serving another says not while a third says my whole account is under review?   Then I get a survey which I'm sure If the call center staff dont get %100 on they don't have their job long.  Because that (5 hour day working manager) needs someone to blame for his crappy work.

TQM is what google should be doing with their advertisors.  I've already identified several private companies that working on filling the nitch that this (treating the advertising customer as the enemy) policy is creating.

Now that being said, I understand the internet is a wild and nasty place to do business, and it must be difficult to seperate legitimate customers from customers (who have no experience at this such as myself) from dishonest clients misrepresenting their products and ads..   But looking over this blog, what I see is a bunch of people who don't have the slightest idea why they've been banned or why their accounts are being further reviewed.

But this will happen when managers (who again work 5 hour days because they are personal friend or family member of management <----I'll bet this made someone squirm at adwords) don't give their call center staff the power help their customers or at the very least the information that that customer needs.

Like I said It'll mixed blessing if google approves my account.  I'm going into the studio this weekend and I need the money to pay musicians.  The studio has been used by some famous artists.  The engineer has had friends that have worked with Joe Cocker and Shania Twain etc anyways I'm going to tell him what I saw on this (Customer Service Blog.)

If I were an up and coming news reporter I'd pitch this one two my boss at the Trib...Googles Hidden Flesh Fair leaves opportunity for microsoft.

Don't knock TQM buddy.   I'm sure it's how google got to where it is today.   But like all big companies they've gotten a little lazy.  

I would highly recomend that they take break from cencoring chinese activists to make sure that Microsoft doesn't take advantage of Googles (management works 5 hour days) policy.

Will

Burn.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

You have not answered if this was an AdWords account that had been suspended?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I apologize for my scathing post.  My account has not been suspended 3 videos were approved and 1 was disapproved.  I deleted the one that was disapproved.  I called the call center over and over again to tell them how important it is to me get these ads running and they tell me that it will be 3 business days.   And after assuring me on friday morning alll videos have been approved, someone put's a hold on the process at the account level.   I've gotten 2 days of impressions out of nearly two weeks of waiting.   If I would have known that it would be this much of a hassle, I would have used the money at the studio this weekend to pay my musicians.

What's annoying is that your call center staff have only one possible response to people like me.  "It's a policy review"  What does that even mean?  Is it a copyright issue?  Is it a money issue?

Wouldn't you get frustrated if you could only get deliberatly criptic information regarding your account.

Fastforward to last night.   I'm lying in bed, really depressed that the ad campaign for My Album I worked 2 years and paid 20000 to produce is yet on hold again.  Instead I'm watching my numbers fall. Thinking about my 400 dollars sitting there doing me no good.  It's my fault for pre-paying.  But naively I thought pre-paying would make the process go more smoothly.  So I'm lying there and I decide to look for some other customer input and I find your review section of your blog.

The rest is obvious if you read some of these poor peoples posts. 

This gives me a (whether rational or not) an idea of what I can expect on monday from google. 

I'm just saying if you expect me to beg to be your customer others are doing here, that aint gonna happen.

What will happen if google doesn't run my ads next week is that I'll ask for a refund and take my business elsewhere

And I will make sure that everyone I meet knows what it's like going through you guys.

Do I really have to point out the obvious to you?

If microsoft wants to avoid losing advertising customers to you, all they have to do is put a link on thier website to this section of your community.  Have you read some of this stuff?  If you had money to spend, would you feel safe spending it after reading some of these peoples posts.

I'm not the only one look,

http://www.jerryjr.com/slow-google-adwords-ad-approval-process-what-gives

http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/adwords/p8OhztH1RXE  - AD Approval is horribly slow, has google abandoned their long time customers ?

So I feel terrible about my scathing post.  Because I like to consider my self a nice guy (like I said I don't like to give call center people bad reviews)  But, I can't escape my gut instinct on this, which is that there is a serious policy / managment problem at google.  Take those surveys off of your call center reps!  How coulld they be accurate when all call center people can only give you the same response.  "your ad is under review due to policy"

Again I apologize.

But geeze if you're sitting there saying "Your lucky you havn't been suspended and have only waited 7 days" doesn't that tell you there's a problem?

Will

Re: YouTube ads disapproved

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Will;

I am trying to help, but I am a bit confused and "lost". You are providing too many details.... Some are unrelated.... Smiley Wink Try to focus on my questions, and answer shortly, so I can be helpful in my answers:

To summarize what I have been able to grasp:

• Please confirm that it is an AdWords campaign
  • Your ADWORDS account is NOT suspended, (only one ad was disapproved. Ad disapproved, and account suspended -  are two, totally, different issues)
  • What type of campaign is that ?( "promoted video"- I guess)

Waiting too long for my ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Can you help. I wanted my ads to run yesterday. Can you get them running today? Yes these are video promotions. I need to know why my account was put on review by policy after 2 days of impressions already occurred in two of the videos. I need to know when these ads are going to run? I'm trying to juggle multiple financial issues and budget. It's hard to ask a specific question because I don't know what's to become of my account. Why would they stop the 2 video ads that were already running? That makes no sense to me..

Re: Waiting too long for my ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I don't know what you can do. It's not your fault this happened Have a good weekend and forget about it And I'll try to do the same

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
OMG Did you really say this to someone.

Alexand;
It seems that you have violated the Policy too many times ; in various ways (as discussed in this discussion, and the other one, you opened a week ago). As you said, when you are suspended by Google - It's forever. I am afraid you cannot advertise with Google anymore, anyplace, anytime.
Once you are suspended, no matter what argument you bring up , we cannot assist you further. We did our best. I would strongly suggest, that you would find other avenues for advertising. Google is unlikely to remove the ban.

Wow

Amazing....

And here I'm feeling guilty and thinking I was to mean to you.

It's nice to know I'm not that bad after all.  I did alot of complaining today and yesterday, but at least I havn't banished anyone to eternal darkness.

Will

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

This a bloody postSmiley Sad Just to let you know, I used to work in a call center (inbound -customer service) for two years. At some point, I agree that Customer Satisfaction Survey is highly affected by the nature of call. If it is a complaint due to policy, system maintenance or personal issues,most of the times a negative rating is expected. And sadly, no matter how truthful my concern was- that I am giving the best that I can, escalate it to higher management if necessary) , this will not resolve the issues and the customer at that very moment demands an urgent,clear,accurate response from me. 

Everyday of becoming a customer service, is equally as stressful as what the customer feels. Imagine, you speak with hundreds and a percentage share the same frustrations in their account. And at the end of the day, there are uncontrollable trouble that gives you a negative CSAT rating.On the brighter side, I am equally as happy as my customers if I was able to serve them & their "thank you" is more than what a 100% CSAT can give.

But going back to your situation, please respect as well that bringing out the competitor here will not actually uplift your moral or solve your issues . We are glad to assist you with your concern. We would like to be transparent & see the underlying cause of your ads suspension. Are you still running the three videos?

More Power,
Loraine