AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

What should I trust, Bubble Message, Ad preview and Diagnosis Tool

Rising Star
# 1
Rising Star

Hi Folks,

We always check whether our ads are approved or they are really triggering on Google search by bubble message or best option is using ad preview and diagnosis tool.

But what if both fail to tell the reality, should people rely at least on ad preview and diagnosis tool blindly?

No..after this experience I do not. If it is not real time then what is the advantage of this tool.

Have a look on the pictures attached showing the message that my account is under review and ads are unable to show(both bubble as well as ad preview and diagnosis tool), though I am getting impressions as well as clicks.

bubble status_censored.jpg

flight tickets_censored.jpg

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’
2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: What should I trust, Bubble Message, Ad preview and Diagnosis Tool

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Archit
The tool and the bubble ARE real time. That's the point.

You are showing impressions and clicks because your ads WERE showing but now they are not because your account is being reviewed. This happens from time to time and all you can do is wait.

The tools are fine and working correctly.

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hello Dave,

This status regarding the account review is continuously shown from day before yesterday but last night it started accumulating the traffic which I am getting now also but still the status is shown as account under review.

Regards
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
So when you use the ad preview tool it tells you that the keyword is not showing because it's under review but when you do a live search it IS showing?

Sounds like it might just be a delay in the catching up or a regional thing. Are you targeting multiple locations?

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
The Scenario is:
My ads were already approved but there was no traffic or impressions. And when I have checked I found that my account is under review. So I waited but last night review has been done by adwords and my ads started to trigger. I am getting impressions and click continuously but the status is still the same on both bubble as well as ad preview and diagnosis tool(account is under review)

Regards

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
No, I am targeting US only.
The same thing I want to know, why there is any delay at least it must not be in case of ad preview and diagnosis tool which is real time.

Regards

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Hi Archit
Yes, I agree. I've seen a slight delay with the ad preview tool in the past but only by a few minutes. I'd wait it out a few hours to see if it catches up. If you're concerned about visibility then maybe pause your ads if that's a possibility.

If it's still happening in a few hours maybe we'll have to reach out to AdWords support to find out why this is happening. I do think it's just a delay in the way the preview tool handles account reviews though. Otherwise, it should generally be real time. After all, that's the point of the tool. I can see how frustrating this must be for you.

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star
Yes, you are right. A delay of few minutes could be neglected but its more than 12 hours when my ads started to accumulate traffic.
But fortunately my ads are running. But it could be most frustrating if there would have been another issue and I would be waiting for my account review.

I will ask my campaign manager from adwords to escalate this issue.

Thanks a lot for you help.

Regards