AdWords
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

What limitations apply to my "Approved (limited)" ad?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have just set up my first advert for my company that sells ingredients and equipment to brew beer at home. Read: WE ARE NOT SELLING ALCOHOL. We are selling stuff that may be used to, among other things, brew beer, which is 100% legal in South Africa. I have entered South Africa as the only target country for said advert.

My ad has now been approved (limited) due to it's alcohol-related content. Fine. I supposed that it's too much to ask for Google to differentiate between alcohol and, say, a packet of yeast and a bag of malt extract.

However, that leaves me with one question: exactly what limitations now apply to my advert? I understand that if brewing beer at home is illegal n country x but not in country y, my ad will only show in country y but not in x. No problem. However this was already implied by my target country restriction which is limited to my own country, South Africa, thereby avoiding any legal implication because I'm operating within local laws and am only advertising there.

So. How limited is "limited" and how does one find out how, exactly, "limited" impacts ad exposure?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: What limitations apply to my "Approved (limited)" ad?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Frank V,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

Let's first understand what Approved Limited is. 

A status given to ads that comply with our policies but that are limited in where and when they can show.

Read more at https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2684542?hl=en

Now let's understand what AdWords considers promotion of Alcohol. 

Google Says - We consider ads to be promoting the sale of alcoholic beverages when one or more alcoholic beverages are featured in the ad, and alcohol can be purchased on the destination site.

Having said that such ads can show in your country i.e. South Africa as Google allows such ads in SA. 

Details can be found here - https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6012382?hl=en

In the end, to me, you can advertise your business where Alcohol ads are allowed but cannot show where they are not allowed. This is the reason your Status says - Approved Limited. However, when you are allowed to advertise, your campaigns will perform as they should, this Approved Limited status will have no effect otherwise. 

Thanks

Ratan

Join me on Google+

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Re: What limitations apply to my "Approved (limited)" ad?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
the ad should be approved. Yeast is NOT bear.
Call cusrtomer service and expalin. Get bac to us if the issue is not resolved.
Can you upload (to an external link) the image pic?
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’