AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

What is wrong with my banner? Why disapproved all the time?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I'm really mad as my banners are getting disapproved all the time. And it's so frustrating that they don't tell me exactly what is not right. "Professional Standards" doesn't tell me which part of my banner is against the TOS.

Here is the last banner that I submitted, and just got disapproved again due to "Professional Standards" again.

https://tpc.googlesyndication.com/pageadimg/imgad?id=CICAgKDTs6KSThCsAhj6ASgBMgjfqieRKIqdJg

Please tell me what is wrong with my banner?

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chris W
September 2015

Re: What is wrong with my banner? Why disapproved all the time?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

One issue is probably the flashing - Google calls this "strobing" even when the flash rate is very low - try using a fixed message and see if the ad gets approved...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
hey stickleback,

Thanks for the prompt reply. But I've seen lots of adwords banner ads with flashing messages. Anyways, I will try a fixed message and update the status. Thanks again.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chris W
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
I agree that the flicker/ flesh is a a gimmick which is not allowed.
Google might also have an issue with the ad-copy - it might be falling under "sensitive" - though I am not sure about that
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey MosheTLV,

Thank you, I have changed that to a fixed message, awaiting approval now. Will update the status once it's finalised. Thank you!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It was indeed due to the the flashing message, thank you!