AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

What is the policy for local dentists?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, what are the policies if I want to become an Adwords freelancer for local dentists in California? What are the things I need to have before doing any ads in Google? I haven't found a local dentist as a client and I don't want my potential dentist's website and ads to be banned. Please guide me on what steps and procedures I should take before advertising for them. Thank you!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
July 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Neil,

General dentistry would typically fall under AdWords policy for Healthcare and Medicines. Depending on how the site is set up and what wording is used... you may not be able to run remarketing ads. Namely if cosmetic surgery is offered or mentioned in any shape or form... you will not be able to.

Along with the policy page I provide above, you should also review the AdWords policy covering personalized advertising, as that will pretty much be off limits completely.      

Kind Regards,

James 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
July 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Neil,

General dentistry would typically fall under AdWords policy for Healthcare and Medicines. Depending on how the site is set up and what wording is used... you may not be able to run remarketing ads. Namely if cosmetic surgery is offered or mentioned in any shape or form... you will not be able to.

Along with the policy page I provide above, you should also review the AdWords policy covering personalized advertising, as that will pretty much be off limits completely.      

Kind Regards,

James 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I see. How come plastic surgeons can advertise? I typed in "cosmetic surgery" in then it showed ads about cosmetic surgery.