AdWords
1.3K members online now
1.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

What is the best way to advertise Cosmetic Surgery Products on Adwords in the UK

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a client (UK-based) with the following products;

• Botox (which I know is a registered trademark)
  • Dermal Fillers
  • Derma Roller
  • Semi Permanent Make Up
  • Acid Facial Peels

... and I'm struggling to work out how to promote these products without constantly battling the 'ad disapproval' message.  

Is it just "Botox" that is not approved, or is advertising the industry even more regulated?

2 Expert replyverified_user

What is the best way to advertise Cosmetic Surgery Products on Adwords in the UK

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi David,

Great question.

What reason does Google give you for the ad disapprovals? Do they specifically reference Botox, or do they reference another policy?

If the ads are disapproved because of the use of the trademark "Botox" in the ad copy, you can follow the detailed instructions here: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/2562645

If the ads are disapproved due to a separate policy, please let me know what the policy is and I may be able to give you further insight.

I hope that helps!

John

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Botox is not allowed and acid facial peels could be considered as a pharma drug.

Please share the website URL

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

Yes, the medical/health industry in general is far more regulated than others.

Is the client only selling product, or do they offer services? Advertising a doctor/clinic is one thing, advertising pharma products is another.

Tom

Re: What is the best way to advertise Cosmetic Surgery Products on Adwords in the UK

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

hi David C

Botox is definitely banned by google as well as other cosmetic surgeries. 

regards,

zaby

My Site

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey all, 

Thanks for the replies so far. My client is offering 'services', not selling the actual products. She runs a cosmetic salon, providing treatments in the same way a hairdresser offers hairstyles or a beauty therapist offers massages etc.

My problem is that the word "Botox" is synonymous with the treatment. ie. The salon is located in Liverpool, UK, and checking the Keyword Planner shows 310,000 searches/month (in the region) for keywords/phrases containing the word "botox".  Omitting any mention of "Botox" gives somewhere in the region of 5000 searches/month, a massive difference.  More important than the difference, is the 'search intent' - as my partner said just now, everybody on the planet knows the procedure as 'botox', and search for that word.  They literally do not search for anything else, and they also don't know that Google restricts such advertising.

I don't just want to advertise the clinic, but the fact that the clinic undertakes a procedure.

So, back to my question, which I will politely point out has yet to be answered, what's the best way to advertise "Botox" products?