AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

What is Googles interpretation of a medical device?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi, I have read Googles Advertising Policies on Healthcare and medicines regarding Medical devices. Here is what Google states:

"Google doesn't allow the promotion of medical devices outside the United States and Canada."

Under Googles policy, there are no defintions for what is a medical device.

I question this because there are in fact companies advertising medical devices in Australia. See screenshot below.

Where can I find a list of what is regarded as a medical device?

There are many other types of devices which are advertised on Google Adwords, so I am a little confused at the moment and would like clarification.

Thank you

Screen shot ovulation thermometer Oz.png

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Shanea K (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: What is Googles interpretation of a medical device?

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Lightcam,

Thanks for the post. We actually don't have a list of all the medical devices out there. Since you've come across this ad particular ad and you believe it is in fact advertising for a medical device in a way that violates our policy, you can report it here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Shanea K (Google Employee)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Lightcam,

Thanks for the post. We actually don't have a list of all the medical devices out there. Since you've come across this ad particular ad and you believe it is in fact advertising for a medical device in a way that violates our policy, you can report it here.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks Shanea