AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

What is Adwords policy on advertorials?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I still can't seem to find any authoritative doc on Google's stance on advertorials...

Can someone point me the right URL? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: What is Adwords policy on advertorials?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @taewoo;

Advertorials are landing pages like any other web pages, and hence subject to all sections of the Policy about landing pages.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks @MosheLTV

Let me be a bit more specific

1) If the advertorial was designed to "pre-sell' the visitor and take them to a 3rd party site, is that a violation?
2) If answer to #1 is a yes, if the "final' URL was hosted on the same domain, would that be ok?
3) What information do I need to state to the website visitor? Are there clear guidelines or examples?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@taewoo;

Your questions are too broad. We'll to see the specifics.

Generally, all landing pages, regardless of the product / service are subject to the same Policy about either URL or content

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’