AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

What is Adwords policy on advertorials?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I still can't seem to find any authoritative doc on Google's stance on advertorials...

Can someone point me the right URL? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: What is Adwords policy on advertorials?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @taewoo;

Advertorials are landing pages like any other web pages, and hence subject to all sections of the Policy about landing pages.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks @MosheLTV

Let me be a bit more specific

1) If the advertorial was designed to "pre-sell' the visitor and take them to a 3rd party site, is that a violation?
2) If answer to #1 is a yes, if the "final' URL was hosted on the same domain, would that be ok?
3) What information do I need to state to the website visitor? Are there clear guidelines or examples?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@taewoo;

Your questions are too broad. We'll to see the specifics.

Generally, all landing pages, regardless of the product / service are subject to the same Policy about either URL or content

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’