AdWords
6.3K members online now
6.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

What happens to existing AdWords after a Trademark Request has been approved?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

After our Trademark Complaint form has been accepted, what happens to existing AdWords that include the trademarks on the accepted claim form?

Is there a timeline of this Trademark Complaint form process?

Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: What happens to existing AdWords after a Trademark Request has been approved?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;

Could you be more specific?

After a trade-name is listed / approved the Google's bots will gradually start to disapprove ads that include the trade name in the ad-text.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: What happens to existing AdWords after a Trademark Request has been approved?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks!I've new to the process & am trying to understand what it means for my company and for our resellers who have existing ads.

So, after our trade-name(s) have been approved, Google searches adwords ads with a bot & alerts a reseller to an infringing ad.

Is the ad disapproved immediately after the bot finds it, or is there a grace period for the reseller to remove the trade-name(s)? Are all infriging trade-name(s) indicated to the reseller?

We may receive a request from the reseller to allow them to use our trade-name(s). If we approve them, what timeframe would the reseller expect to be able to create Google-approved ads with the allowed trade-name(s)?

Thank You

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Quote:

>>> "Is the ad disapproved immediately after the bot finds it, or is there a grace period for the reseller to remove the trade-name(s)? Are all infringing trade-name(s) indicated to the reseller?"

- As far as my knowledge - the ad stopped immediately;

As for your 2nd question. Check the following link;

Help for trademark owners

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’