AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

What Exactly The Google Double Serving Policy Refers To?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Guys,

I am running my ads on Google Search Network over 6 years and well versed about all Google policies. Suddenly a month back, I have observed one of my advertiser is doing double serving and causing high CPCs for me and is impacting my overall advertising goals. I have further investigated on him and found some proofs which can support to prove his tactics. Here are the things I have identified in my investigation -

1) He is offering the product at same price on his both domains

2) Need to get approval from State authorities for this product. His approval number is same on both sites

3) The blinder is, he is using the exact same ad copy for his double serving just altering the description line 1 & 2

4) Both domains registered with the same Owner and Address

5) Background imagery for his both sites is almost same.

After a prolong investigation and findings, I write a complaint to Google AdWords Support team with all these proofs. They said, we will forward this to AdWords policy team and took almost a month to reply. They simply replied, he is not violating any AdWords policies his advertising complies with Google's double serving policy.

I was shocked after getting that reply from 'esteemed" and "well experienced" AdWords support team hence even a new bee to SEM also can identify these both sites belongs to same provider. I don't understand what they investigate during this long 1 month period and how they conclude his tactics is fair even though I shared a bunch of proofs.

Finally, still he is enjoying his double serving strategy and my cost volumes are increasing day over day and complete campaigns are under threat.

Please advise how can I stop him from these type of unethical and black hat tactics.

Thanks,

Karim SK.

Search Engine Marketing 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: What Exactly The Google Double Serving Policy Refers To?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Karimulla

Please make a complain to Adwords Support team at the below mentioned link:-

https://support.google.com/adwords/troubleshooter/4578507?rd=1#ts=4578511

Hope this helps!

Abhishek

View solution in original post

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Please read as "I have observed one of my competitor is doing double serving and causing high CPCs for me and is impacting my overall advertising goals." in the first paragraph.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Karimulla

Please make a complain to Adwords Support team at the below mentioned link:-

https://support.google.com/adwords/troubleshooter/4578507?rd=1#ts=4578511

Hope this helps!

Abhishek

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Abhishek,

Thanks for helping on this. I will register a complaint here and see what happens.

Thanks,
Karim SK.
Search Engine Marketing.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Abhishek,

Earlier I didn't see this support from AdWords team. For us, we have a dedicated support and any issues related to account we are supposed to escalate to her. I already escalated this issue with her and she said, my competitor is not violating any advertising policies. I asked again on what basis you are considered he is not doing double serving but she replied, we cannot share all the things with you and its highly confidential. I was extremely disappointed with that answer and then I wrote the problem here.

After submitting my complaint through above URL I have received a mail from Google support team that they forwarded this issue with ad policy team and can contact through any channel, phone, chat or mail.

As I know earlier we don't have this type of support from AdWords. Do you know when Google started doing this? Is it there from the beginning or Google added this advantage in any of the improvising policies?

Thanks,
Karim SK.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Karim SK

I didn't know exactly when Google started this support option, but I got to know about this option nearly 2 years back.

Abhishek