AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Weight Loss

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am a doctor and I provide a doctor supervised weight loss program that is very safe and effective. With the epidemic of Obesity in our culture, I would hope that at some point Google would not "throw the baby out with the bath water" and look at each individual case when trying to promote weight loss. The way they treat someone trying to help people lose weight, you would think we were selling illegal drugs or something.  I know there are plenty of shams out there trying to separate folks from their money but that doesn't mean they ALL are.  Has anyone on here had any success promoting a legit weight loss plan?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Weight Loss

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Hello Matthew, can you share your website with us? Do you know the exact reason of your supsended ads?

Tomáš

Weight Loss

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Weight loss is allowed as long as the practice promoted is within the common acceptable scientific practice / approach. In other words: moderate diet and exercise with  no "magic" supplements or unreliable claims (i.e. Losing  10lb in a week...)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Weight Loss

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Matthew,

The majority of my clients that promote weight loss have eventually had their sites approved, but with changes to the website, primarily:

adding disclaimers

removing wording about guarantees and timeframes

You just need a bit of back and forth with AdWords support.

Re: Weight Loss

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
OK I'm going to take you up on that advice and place a new ad this morning
and see if it gets approved!

Weight Loss

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

http://www.abbevillefamilyhealthcare.com/info/back-pain/

The Reason is nonallowed substance but as you can see there are no "substances" of any kid on this page. So I have no idea why my ad was not allowed

Re: Weight Loss

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 7
Badged Google Partner

Is it bots doing these evaluations? You might get a real answer if you call Google. I do see the word "Drugs" on the page. If it is bots, they might not be smart enough to evaluate this in context.

Capture.PNG

Edit: My photo refuses to attach.

Weight Loss

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi Matthew,

My best guess is that ChiroThin is the problem. Sometimes Google's reasons are not too precise...

This is the list of examples that are not allowed in AdWords

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/2423645?hl=en

Combine that with:

"False or misleading health claims"

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/176031

And you can see why the promotion of this product, in conjunction with weight loss, without a list of ingredients, and without any scientifically proven results, could have Google deciding it shouldn't be promoted.

Weight Loss

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

@Matthew D;

You mentioned that this site is about weight loss? I see pain treatment..... Smiley Surprised

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’