AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Website suspended in Google Adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our site has been suspended because of the following page that sits on our website:

http://www.dpssoftware.co.uk/software/online-support/ 

We are by no stretch of the imagination selling 'free desktop software' The above page offers a third party application that users can download in order to allow us to establish a remote desktop connection (i.e. view their screens) and assist them with their technical issues. The software's name is TeamTalk (and it's very similar to GoToMeeting in terms of functionality- it's for sharing screens between our Technical Team and our users).

TeamTalk is a legitimate product, that people need for Tech Support. It is in no way advertised by us and there is no connection between our Online Support page and our Adwords acount (we wouldn't promote it).

Besides this, we are not mentioning the term 'free desktop software' anywhere on our website yet Google penalised us.

Could anyone offer any suggestions? The Google team has advised us to take the page off the website completely. However, as I said, this is a page that our clients need and have been using for a while.

What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Ana

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Website suspended in Google Adwords

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Ana,

It looks like you took the page down. Did you try to call the Google AdWords team to see if they can be of assistance? Sometimes things are picked up in error. I would contact them if you are very confident that you did not violate a policy.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1385067?hl=en

Good Luck,
Kim

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

Re: Website suspended in Google Adwords

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Ana U;

I have seen this in another case;

As long as you provide a link to download a free desktop software - you are considered a "software distributor" and subject to the Policy.

You'll have to find a different way to guide the user how to download, or team up with the software developer and charge the user a small fee,  for downloading - making the software a paid tool - not subject to this section of the Policy.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’