AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Website suspended for "User Safety" and I don't understand why.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have just received the suspension notice from Google for my website http://www.hi2cosmetics.com for the "User Safety" violation.

I have just send them an email requesting for them to be more specifc so as to correct anything that may not seem appropriate.  We are in business since 1974 and have been paying steadily for google adwords month-in month out for several years. I don't think it is appropriate that they just decide now to do this.  They could have pointed out any discrepancies so that we would correct them and not just suspend the site outright.

I honestly don't see what we have done wrong. Can anyone give me some clarification.

Thank you

Andreas

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Website suspended for "User Safety"

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 11
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Ok firstly I did not intend to imply that simply running the script would fix it as Moshe said you must make sure all aspects of policy are met the script is supplementry but can remove any doubt in terms of having any of the keywords that are listed in the drugs list removed and this would be something I would advise after you ensure everything else is adhered to when you are certain let me know it's not really something we built as a service mainly for our company as review tool for various website terminology issues.

regards 

dion

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello ;

You have product claims that, apparently, are not verified . For example:

"In clinical studies, Matrixyl was shown to:

- increase overall collagen synthesis by up to 117%

- increase collagen IV synthesis by up to 327%

- increase hyaluronic acid synthesis by up to 267%

Per the user safety of the Policy:

• Promote products with realistic, credible, and reasonable claims
  • Include links to third-party verification and/or include relevant and easy to find disclaimers when testimonials and endorsements imply that results are typical

Another violation I found was selling of "Botox effect "products...

To conclude: You need to read and understand the Policy. Verify that your site (all of its content ) complies with all sections of the Policy. (Special attention should be given to the "healthcare"  and "Information Harvesting" sections).

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your input.

Regarding Product Claims, for the example you have noted i.e. regarding matrixyl,

All information on the website is what we receive from the factories that supply us the products. In the case of matryxil, there are numerous studies online that can be accessed by a simple search.  

Would it solve the problem if we have links to some of these other studies in the product description? (Not just for products with matrixyl of course but for other instances that may be found on our website.)

As far as the User Safety of the policy, I don't believe we are promoting our products in a way that differs from any other company that promotes cosmetics and skin care products.  If we were to add on each product description something to the effect'

"Actual results from the usage of the product differ from person to person, based on age, current skin condition, and whether the person is taking medication or undergoing medical treatment, etc, etc. "

Do you think this would solve the problem?

Thank you again for your input.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again anchari;

Since I did not check all the site. I gave two examples. I did not imply that correcting those would resolve all violations: there could be more. (Google does not disclose the policy sections violated...You need to find out yourself...and I agree that is a bit hard...)

Thus, I reiterate my recommendation :

You need to read and understand the Policy. Verify that your site (all of its content ) complies with all sections of the Policy. (Special attention should be given to the "healthcare" and "Information Harvesting" sections).

I Specifically referred you to the healthcare section, since I had the impression that some of your products claim healing properties.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello again,

Well I managed to get hold of them on the phone.  It seems that the problem is with the affiliates section of our website. 

1.  There was no Privacy Statement

2.  There was a sentence somewhere mentioning "some people make millions out of affiliate programs"

Since this was an out-of-the-box affiliate software we did not bother reading very carefully all the default information (our mistake)

In any case we have made these corrections and will be resubmitting our site for review. We now cross our fingers.

In the meantime we will start making some of the other corrections as per your valuable suggestions.

Thank you again, and I appreciate your valuable input.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

A quick comment; I did see a privacy policy in place. I do not think this is the reason....

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The problem they cited was for our affiliate site located at 

http://www.hi2cosmetics.com/affiliate/affiliates/

We just made the changes they asked and we are now waiting for their reply.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Yupiff you are advertising in this category you have to be on point I learnt the hard way and while support is terrible ensure you STUDY and are compliant we have script that can mine the entire site/code for any infringements under the drugs listed on googles policy section if you get desperatecSmiley Happy I know how you feel a d it sucks but stay positive.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

My view, is that there are more violations. If those are found, later, by Google's bots, your account will be suspended - this time, probably, forever, due to repeated violations.

Google does not like shortcuts. Review the Policy, and fix all apparent violations at once.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

what do you mean by script.  I assume this is a paid service you provide?