AdWords
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Website for adwords. Will it affect my site good or bad?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi. I have a question on how adwords would affect my organic results. I currently have separate web site urls and landing pages for different cites and services I work in and provide. I was thinking of trying dynamic search ads with my real website. The question I have is, will this affect the current ranking of my website? I am not looking for an seo boost or a boost in my ranking, but will it affect it negatively? My site is doing quite good in rankings and I don't want to do anything that will cause it to slide backwards. I am currently #1 for my main keyword and city and in the top 4 for several cities. I will not use my site if there is the slightest chance my rankings will be affected. Thanks in advance.

I might add that the current web page/ landing pages I am using are no follow/ and I have made them so they aren't indexed. 

3 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Simple answer: AdWords and organic ranking are two independent and unrelated systems using different algorithms.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Studies have shown that when you have a top organic result, and run an ad, the combined results are better than the individual results (just an ad, or just organic).

On top of that, ads will bring more traffic to your site, which means more possibilities of getting links and social mentions from those visitors.

And of course by running an ad you get to customise your message to searches, which you can't do with organic.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hmm... The question was about ranking - wasn't it?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi,

My agency has tested this extensively over the years and using AdWords will have no effect on your organic rankings in the SERPs (search engine result pages). Think of them as walled off worlds (as Moshe discusses).

With that said, you are taking a great step to connect with more prospective customers (as Rob discusses) by combining digital advertising and a strong organic presence as your overall online marketing strategy.  

Kind Regards,

James