AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Website Migration

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello All,

I just want to ask that I want to shift my website to some other server with some more extra pages and new layout basically. And currently my website is hosted on some other server with different layout. Domain is same and I have my adwords live with some of the landing pages in use. 

I want to know that if I shift the server during my live ads, will it affect my ads like going into review or disapproved or something like that.

Re: Website Migration

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi 

If i was in your place i would do following 

• Before changing your a record in domain control panel i will check new website and make sure its working fine.
  • I wouldnt turn off the old server right away and wait for 48 hrs as overlapping period
  • If your new website is going to change url structure like on old website you have domain.com/about.html and on new website you have domain.com/about-us.php then i will make sure that all old urls have 301 redirects to new ones before moving
  • If you take care of the above then i dont think it will cause any major problems but if you are not sure then better pause your account in the transition phase

Hope that makes sense

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog