AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Website Labeled as Gambling?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I implemented a remarketing tag on one of my company's websites, a site whose purpose is to promote our product - high-end Kentucky Derby ticket packages bundled with hospitality.  If you're familiar with the Derby, you know that it's a horse race that's largely centered around the festive atmosphere, large outrageous hats, and socializing/networking.

Though I could see that our remarketing tag was accumulating visitors based on the tag details, the remarketing list that I created wasn't showing any members.  As it turns out, Google placed a 'gambling' label on our site.  This is fair, because we had a couple of pages that were 'Derby How-Tos' that provided info on how to place wagers, how to pick a horse, etc.  I let the Google rep I was in contact with know that we were more than willing to remove those pages as well as any other mention of gambling from our site in order to get that label lifted, and I asked her to communicate that to the Policies team as well. 

Apparently, ANYTHING that has to do with horse racing is labeled as gambling, even if there's no mention of betting or wagering.  

Does anyone know anything further about this?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Website Labeled as Gambling?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Carolynn W;

So what is the current status -  Is the site disabled?

Please share the URL

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’