AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

We're only showing your ad occasionally because of your budget

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I had got an error: We're only showing your ad occasionally because of your budget Now I have changed my budget from $5 to $10 and deleted about 30 keywords from campaign and have got only 4 keywords, but ads are not being shown even now.
1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @giorgi m,

Once you make the changes, the system has to accept them and put them back into action... so there is a delay. Give it 4-6 hrs (up to 24 hours) to resume. 

Also, if you removed too many keywords without any other targeting methods, there may not be enough activity to quickly resume performance. Are you only running one ad group with only four keywords? Any other targeting in place? 

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your reply.

Yeah, I'm running only one group in one place.

I thought that it would be better, if I would remove those keywords, I've only left the main keywords.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @giorgi m,

You are welcome. 

There is nothing wrong with doing so... it just can greatly limit how much performance your account can/will get... depending on how busy those four keywords are. 

I would advise that you leave things be for 4-6 hours and then see what happens. Also, you should spend time with Google AdWords Best Practices and compare it to the actions you are taking with your account. This will guide you well for the long run. Excellent information and easy to follow, too. 

Pro Tips: make sure you are using all of the ad extensions that you can. The more the better. Make sure you have three ads per ad group. Pay attention to the Dimensions tab... and review each of the dropdown pages within it. 

Kind Regards,

James