AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

We're only able to provide diagnosis information for text ads.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We currently have an AdWords Account running a couple of campaigns no problem.  We also have an AdWords campaign within the same AdWords account tied directly to our Merchant Account with Product Listing feeds that we are hoping appear on Google Shopping.  At this point, when I check the Merchant campaign via AdWords portal I am getting "We're only able to provide diagnosis information for text ads."  The stats show that we are receiving impressions in the Total Search but does not show amount for any particular Keywords.  In addition, we are never listed a Store in Google Shopping.  Any help anyone can offer will be much appreciated!

Our Merchant feed is uploaded every thirty days and is currently approved.  My Product Listing Feed is capped at $20/day but scheduled to run at any time.

Thanks!

Re: We're only able to provide diagnosis information for text ads.

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

It's been a while since I've gotten to play with product listing ads, but...

You can't get any ad/KW diagnosis for product listing ads, because, as the message says, they are not text ads. So, you are left to rely on data like impressions, and campaign segments, or dimensions tab data (time, hour of the day for example), to further diagnose what is or is not happening.

As I recall, you don't even need KW's to show product listing ads, and you wont get any KW data for the PLA campaigns. I think the targeting has more to do with the product listings, and product categories than KW's. Ah yes... One of the tips from Google:

"If you don't want to enable this format (product extensions) for your campaign, we recommend creating your product listings in a separate campaign without keywords or text ads."

This looks like a very comprehensive help document, and it covers a LOT of information about product listing ads. Definitely read through it all, there's a lot of good stuff there. Smiley Happy

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2456103

Tom

Re: We're only able to provide diagnosis information for text ads.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Tom,

Thank you for the information. I will review the link you provided.  Maybe the issue is that I did define KW's.

Cindy