AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

We are a NOT an online pharmacy, can we advertise Rx drugs?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We want to advertise RX drugs, but we do not sell online, we just have our retail locations.  Because we dont sell online, we don't need to take special steps, right?  Please help me.  Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: We are a NOT an online pharmacy, can we advertise Rx drugs?

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Andrew R,

Welcome to adwords community,

Google AdWords restricts the promotion of healthcare-related products and services.Google  have different requirements for advertising healthcare-related products based on the product you're advertising and the country you're targeting.

Before advertise Rx Drugs, You should read adwords policy, For more information Go with this link,

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/176031?hl=en#

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

I've run a campaign for a B&M pharmacy in Australia - you have to get some certified paperwork in your jurisdiction to show that you are a legal pharmacy. This then needs to be presented to Google and they will then manually approve your ads and keywords.

However, you will need to work well in advance as - in my experience - this is not a blanket approval and every time you add a new keyword or even edit an add the bots will flag it for manual approval and you will need to contact your local office and have someone approve the changes.

It can be a pain - but I guess the upside is that you get to promote yourself in a sector where almost all your competition (at least the unfair competition) is eliminated.

If I recall correctly this is not something that can be done simply online - get in touch with your local Google office and they will walk you through the process.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Andrew R,

Welcome to adwords community,

Google AdWords restricts the promotion of healthcare-related products and services.Google  have different requirements for advertising healthcare-related products based on the product you're advertising and the country you're targeting.

Before advertise Rx Drugs, You should read adwords policy, For more information Go with this link,

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/176031?hl=en#

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

I've run a campaign for a B&M pharmacy in Australia - you have to get some certified paperwork in your jurisdiction to show that you are a legal pharmacy. This then needs to be presented to Google and they will then manually approve your ads and keywords.

However, you will need to work well in advance as - in my experience - this is not a blanket approval and every time you add a new keyword or even edit an add the bots will flag it for manual approval and you will need to contact your local office and have someone approve the changes.

It can be a pain - but I guess the upside is that you get to promote yourself in a sector where almost all your competition (at least the unfair competition) is eliminated.

If I recall correctly this is not something that can be done simply online - get in touch with your local Google office and they will walk you through the process.