AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Want to use Ad Words but completely stuck now

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I reactivated an already approved ad which I hadn't used in some time and all of a sudden it is now disapproved. I see a competitors has a very similar ad running word for word, why can they do it and I cannot? Also the reason was for copyright violation and yet there is no mention of anything copyright in the ad.

I also spent half an hour trying to fill out the form, but every time I went to copy paste something the email form disappeared.

Google... what the hell? You have already badly let me down once before when your consultant who contacted me offered suggestions which cost me a ton of money and got poorer results, now you're disproving ads you have already approved AND my competition are running.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Want to use Ad Words but completely stuck now

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

One of the important fact here is to understand the ad approval and disapproval process. The fact remains that if your ad was not running for quite sometime and was in pause state, chances are that it got disapproved during that particular time only when Adwords found it in some violation. Hence when you tried to resume it, status changed to disapproved. You can read this article for more insights.

On the contrary, I haven't seen that if originally your ad was approved and you pause it for some time. Once you resume it, it doesn't get disapprove. Status remains approved until you edit that and get in some violations.

Adwords has a unique Trademark related policy where the Policy Team investigate either the text of the ad or keyword or both. I would encourage you to read this policy here.

Let us know if that helps somewhere!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Here is the add... can you tell me how this violates trademark?

Access Blocked Websites

Bust through firewalls. Try our

free VPN today and unblock the web

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Did you by chance read the policy links I referred above? There are different policies for different countries and based on what is not allowed, your ad gets the disapproval status. I am not sure which country you are advertising for.

There is a specific Copyright policy listed in this link. This should help you get the insights.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

OK, would like someone who works at Google to respond.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello DoctorD; welcome;

If I were you, I wouldn't wait for Google, but start working based on Pankaj's answer.

There are countries where you are not allowed to use brand-names as keywords. (Resulting in ad disapproved)

Please read the link Pankaj provided, the trade name restrictions in your region.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

There are NO brand names in the keywords OR in the ad.

So... ? As I said.. completely stuck until I get an answer from Google.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Did you try to call your Google local office?

Sent using an Android device. (Typos due to a mobile editor)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I emailed them, but will call in the morning. They are closed now (and were closed when I received the notification)