AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Want display URL and destination URL to be from different domain

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I saw the policy that said the display URL and destination URL need to be from the same domain in a google ad. Is there anyway around this? (I understand why it is in place from a security perspective but, I was not sure if there was a way to mark a trusted site that is a different domain). Ex: Company RetailABC has an ad that is displaying www.RetailABCAffinity.com but want it to display www.signup.RetailABC.com.  ). In the example www.RetailABCAffinity is the site an external vendor supports for the company. The company wants to display www.singup.RetailABC.com instead of www.RetailABCAffinity.com which is a partner's hosted URL *This is a fake example not the real URLs I am asking about.

Thanks,

Lindsay

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lindsay R
September 2015

Re: Want display URL and destination URL to be from different domain

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Lindsay,

As per the policy, the base domain in the final URL (one a user lands on, after all redirects) should be the display URL of ads. Violating this policy leads to disapproval of ads. Unfortunately, there's no workaround for this, as it is a policy requirement.

Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
HI Lindsay,

Both Display & Destination URL have to be same in the ad. In an event that they are not same, your ads might get disapproved. Talking about the example you gave, you want to try "signup" with the company name. Right!

You can try the display URL as "RetailABCAffinity.com/Signup" & destination URL as "RetailABCAffinity.com". I know fake URL's but just an example.

This is the best that is possible, otherwise your ads are likely to be disapproved.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Rohit

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Lindsay,

As per the policy, the base domain in the final URL (one a user lands on, after all redirects) should be the display URL of ads. Violating this policy leads to disapproval of ads. Unfortunately, there's no workaround for this, as it is a policy requirement.

Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
HI Lindsay,

Both Display & Destination URL have to be same in the ad. In an event that they are not same, your ads might get disapproved. Talking about the example you gave, you want to try "signup" with the company name. Right!

You can try the display URL as "RetailABCAffinity.com/Signup" & destination URL as "RetailABCAffinity.com". I know fake URL's but just an example.

This is the best that is possible, otherwise your ads are likely to be disapproved.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Rohit

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks...just wanted to double check. I appreciate the response