AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

WOW. Ads in Adwords going to another search engine

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What is with this advertiser being allowed to advertise on Google? http://us.wow.com/search?s_pt=aolsem&s_it=aolsem&s_chn=93&q=david%20shrager%20pittsburgh

All this does is go to another search engine -- it's not even a real content website??!! They are making $$ on costly adwords. I found this ad by typing 'shrager law pittsburgh' in Google search. 

Isn't this breaking Google's guidelines? Who is approving these types of ads? Does the community have to police these types of ads now. It seems like Google greatly benefits from allowing many of these types of sites to "slip through the cracks". Or maybe they're not even breaking the guidelines, but as a user, I'd certainly not want to be taken to another search engine when clicking through an ad!! Wow.com indeed!

The same is true for Ask.com. Oh, now I get it. Google allows its own search engine to go to another search engine THAT THEY OWN (Ask.com) so that the advertisers (Google's customers) pay at least twice for the ad clicks. SHOULDN'T THIS BE ILLEGAL???? ISN'T THIS AN ANTITRUST VIOLATION??

I see now I am not the only one to notice this. http://searchengineland.com/is-ask-com-continuing-to-play-the-google-arbitrage-game-137278 I guess if Google allows its own "search partners" to bid on ads, it has to let other search engines, like Wow. Wow - What a bunch of thieves. 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: WOW. Ads in Adwords going to another search engine

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

We had a similar case in the past - Google does not see this as a violation of the "bridge section" of the Policy.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It seems to me like it would drive up the cost of the ads. ?? Where can I find the bridge section of the policy? Curious to know what other think before marking this as an "accepted" solution. Thanks.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Here is an interesting read about this subject. When are people going to be fed up with these greedy arbritage scams?! Besides it drives up CPC for other, genuine advertisers. Google should be SUED for this.

http://searchengineland.com/will-ask-com-google-arbitrage-ever-stop-203565

Community Manager
# 5
Community Manager
This 2014 thread has been closed to new replies.

If anyone has a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question or comment.

Thank you.