AdWords
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Violator of Google Adwords Policy

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Screen Shot 2014-11-19 at 10.14.43 AM.png

Thanks to the help of those on this forum, I had this issue largely resolved last year.  However, recently, new competitors have started again using a variant (SPARKLES) of the forbidden Ad Word "SPARKLERS" to use ad words illegally.  I have flagged the site as a violator using the Chrome red flag tool.  Also submitted the online violation form.  Found in the past that repeated submission of this form over many months did not result in these violators being taken down.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shannon D
September 2015

Re: Violator of Google Adwords Policy

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

@Shannon D ;

Google replied that since the introduction of Policy 2.0 (in mid September 2014) wedding sparklers are allowed, since they are not manufactured and sold (with the intent) to harm or cause damage.

I should add that I was  also surprised, but apparently, the Policy was modified / changed,  2 moths ago,  for this product.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Screen Shot 2014-11-19 at 10.47.59 AM.png

another screen shot...Per the Ad Words policies, SPARKLERS are considered FIREWORKS, and therefore may not be advertised via Ad Words.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Ad-Approval-Policy/Competitor-Using-Restricted-Adwords/td-p/...

this is the thread from last year, where we first resolved the issue.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Due to a system bug I am unable to see the screenshot. Could you use an external link?
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

http://prntscr.com/582ied

trying this as screenshot.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Case escalated to google asking to investigate

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
great.....thank you, Moshe.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shannon D
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

@Shannon D ;

Google replied that since the introduction of Policy 2.0 (in mid September 2014) wedding sparklers are allowed, since they are not manufactured and sold (with the intent) to harm or cause damage.

I should add that I was  also surprised, but apparently, the Policy was modified / changed,  2 moths ago,  for this product.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
well, that is interesting to learn...thank you Moshe. Guess we will be changing tactics.